11.03.2005

fall
Drawing breath after a whirlwind of interviews, tests, projects, and the usual homeworks over the past couple of weeks. It's not that any of them are going away, but at least the spacing should be more bearable in the coming weeks up until vacation. I did take a temporary break and performed my semi-annual service to the school by taking a group of trustees' wives around the Nature's Course trail project out back - got lucky with one of the three non-rainy days we've had in the last twenty-five, and the trees were in beautiful color. I actually rather enjoyed myself, until the President and his wife both thanked me personally, and then I just felt like a brown-noser. But life goes on. It gave me a good excuse to do what I normally do, only with university sanctioning.

In other news, it's that time of year when I live and breathe hockey for six months straight. I actually have a pseudo-official goalie coach now, so my learning curve has navigated eighty degrees to steep. It's working though. The best part is when S. and I take over the varsity weight room after practice, and turn the music and the ridiculousness up high. On Mondays we have to share with a few baseball players, but our sotto-voce commentary is more than amusing. Holy triceps, Batman. I want to pinch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe i quickly pointed out the brown on the tip of your nose

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home