7.18.2005

I never remember my dreams. I usually dream in color, and with plenty of motion and change, both by the scenario and the characters involved, but I never remember them upon waking. I guess it's odd then, that for the past four nights or so I have been dreaming so vividly, and the dreams themselves so impacting, that I have stopped to think about them immediately after waking and thereby commit them to memory. Specific details fade, as with all things, but the bulk remains. They have all involved people I know well, family and friends, and on one occasion some people that my waking self did not recognize but my dream self accounted as very good friends indeed. The scenarios have likewise all been familiar, but with subtle differences that my waking self would have been confused by. My dream self, however, with that clarity found only in the unconscious, knew immediately where it was.

I have, on occasion, found that these especially vivid and lifelike dreams, though they so rarely come, have a tendency of coming true later on. I guess we'll see.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

be wary of the dream-come-true, as they are often self-fulfilling prophesies.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

However, I am not the only person on which their outcome depends...

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, but i doubt that many dream of situations that are very far out of their control.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

You might be surprised.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home